IRS & Tax Debt Solutions
Offers In Compromise
Do You Qualify for an Offer in Compromise?
An offer in compromise is an agreement between you and the IRS to pay less than the amount you currently owe. This gives you the opportunity to settle your tax debt and relieve the burden of an outstanding debt. Fresh Start Tax Solutions can assist you with the process of settling an offer in compromise.
There are a few criteria that the IRS will examine to determine if you qualify. The IRS bases decisions on:
- Doubt as to liability
- Doubt as to collectability
- Effective tax administration
Reach out to Fresh Start Tax Solutions in Battle Creek, Michigan, to find out if an offer in compromise is an option for you.
Tax Installment Agreements
Experts That Make It Easy to Pay Down Your Tax Debt
If you have outstanding tax debt or a tax lien has been issued against you, it can feel overwhelming or even hopeless to think about paying back your debt. Tax installment agreements are a negotiation between you and the IRS to pay down your existing debt in smaller payments. More manageable payments make it easier for you to pay down your tax debt over time and avoid back taxes.
An experienced CPA and tax attorney at Fresh Start Tax Solutions will help you set up a tax installment agreement in Michigan. Contact us today to talk with us about your situation, and we’ll guide you through the process.
If you need tax lien help or unfiled tax solutions, your tax attorney may suggest a tax installment agreement. The process involves:
- Meeting the criteria necessary to qualify for tax installment agreements
- Complying with certain tax obligations
- Negotiating with the IRS to find a manageable solution for you
Get the Help You Need to Stop Wage Garnishments
Wage garnishments can have devastating consequences on your finances. Fresh Start Tax Solutions may be able to deem your account currently not collectible, which will suspend wage garnishments temporarily so that you can get your finances back in order.
When you work with an experienced tax attorney at Fresh Start Tax Solutions, we’ll handle the process for you. Here’s what you can expect:
- Your tax attorney will gather all your financial data to make sure you qualify
- Your tax attorney will notify the IRS that you are unable to pay your tax debt
- Your account will be reported as currently not collectible, which places you in a nontaxable status
- You will stop accruing interest and penalties, since you’re not able to pay them currently